Buzzing Shaver Socket

Hi All,

I have a shaver socket in my bathroom that has the electric toothbrush charger plugged into it and after an hour or so it starts to buzz like mad. So much so that we've had to plug the toothbrush into another socket elsewhere. Any ideas what it could be and how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Reply to
Endulini

Transformer laminations rattling. Replace it.

Reply to
Graham.

Why replace it?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to promote best practice.

Reply to
Graham.

In message , Graham. writes

Aerosol varnish reaches the parts others don't. This has stopped numerous transformers buzzing over the years, normally cheap and nasty ones found in the more "cost effective" types of equipment.

Reply to
Bill

In message , Graham. writes

Aerosol Laquer and a clamp

Reply to
geoff

Ah good, the buzz *is* just annoying (as I thought) and *not* a safety issue I didn't know about.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ