Double/Triple outlet shaver sockets

I am pretty sure that this has been asked before, but perhaps things have changed.

Is it possible to get a bathroom shaver socket with multiple outlets that can be used at the same time? At the moment, I am simply looking at installing 2 or 3 separate sockets, but it would be much neater if this could all be contained in one box. I appreciate that each socket will need its own isolating transformer. There seems to be a small gap in the market here.

Reply to
GB

How often do you get two people shaving at the same time? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We have two electric toothbrushes, plus a waterpik. At the moment, I seems to be constantly juggling the plugs around.

Reply to
GB

I've always been mystified about bathroom shaver sockets etc. Why would one need seperate transformers? also if this is needed why do they sell shaver adaptors that convert 13amp outlets to shaver adaptors without a transformer. After all you find such sockets in Kitchens, and kitchens have water as well as batchrooms.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Kitchens tend not to have naked wet people in them.

Reply to
ARW

Just wire all 3 into one plug?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

MK do a double shaver/toothbrush socket - K701

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Brian I think the difference is that in a kitchen you may have your hands w et whilst handling electrical equipment, whereas in a bathroom you could be standing stark bollock naked wet all over in a pool of water in a cast iro n bath like a lightening conductor providing a perfect route to earth.

Back to OP, most of the shaver sockets provide a 230v and 115v socket and m ost shavers and toothbrushes will happily operate on either so you can plug two devices in.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well there was last night........

Reply to
ARW

but you might want to charge two toothbrushes at the same time.

Reply to
charles

Most of the dual voltage ones will only operate one of the sockets at a time.

Reply to
GB

And i thought you were a 'modern' type of bloke, you havent lived till you've done it on the cooker top... tho she did moan about the imprints from the pan stands in her arse for weeks after :)

Reply to
Gazz

Well there was last night........

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Buying alert: sadly no longer true of Oral B toothbrushes as we discovered with the warranty replacement Triumph 5000 we received last year for a 4000 which was dual voltage. Braun seem to have stopped selling dual voltage (other than the Pulsonic range) despite the many complaints from both sides of the pond.

Reply to
Robin

I think the MK ones (perhaps others too) switch off the 230V socket when you plug into the 115V one, and vice-versa.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well you should have turned the gas off first!

Reply to
dennis

You realise you are dicing with death?

Reply to
harryagain

Then you don't need transformer isolated sockets.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even yours?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've got a 2-pin 3-way adapter which I think I bought in Indonesia. Dunno whether you can get them here. I've only ever used two outlets at a time - for a mains radio and charging a toothbrush - but I don't see why it wouldn't run an electric razor at the same time if I were to use one.

Reply to
Roger Mills