Warm shaver socket in bathroom

Noticed that the shaver socket is warm, hasn't been used for 18 months. Should it concern me or is it that it contains some transforner which sometimes gets warm?

Reply to
Alex

It will contain a transformer but I have never felt them get warm before.

I would turn the power off and have a look behind the socket for loose connections.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Stick the connections in a choc box connector to disable them as its not used??

Reply to
EricP

Mine has been just perceptibly warm for ten years.

Reply to
Stickems.

So you are the cause of global warming:-)

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Brilliant.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

For some years, the shutters on the sockets operate a switch which switches off the transformer when there's no plug in the socket. Older ones might not, or the switch has got stuck on in yours.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel