Installing ceramic hob

I've got a New World ceramic hob to fix into its cut-out in the worktop.

There are some clips supplied but they really don't seem to be going to be easy to use.

I've been advised to forget the clips and leave out the thin foam strip supplied with the hob and to glue it down by putting a bead of silicone under the ceramic lip.

Anyone got any views on this?

TIA

You may find you cant get a snug fit all the way round without the clips to pull it in tight. Using silicone in place of the foam is fine, or you can even use both - position the foam away from the lip, and it will help retain the silicone while also acting as a secondary seal. (it is wise to paint the exposed cut surface of the worktop to seal it anyway - just in case water ever does get through)

Reply to
John Rumm

However you install it, make sure that it's easy to remove so that when you decide to chuck the useless piece of junk away and get a proper hob, it's an easy job.

Reply to
Huge

Thank you for your invaluable contribution.

Thanks: I'll do that.

Done that and put plenty on!