Ceramic Hob

How should I seal a ceramic electric hob in a work top ?? I have a Matsui touch switch hob to replace a Baeumatic one . It is the same size but the clips just press on the sides of the cut out in the work top, to keep it in place , so you cant tighten up to pull it down .There is no metal surround to the ceramic top and it has foam tape around directly under the glass, which I presume I just press down to seal, is this good enough or is there a special product to do this sealing .I have looked for instructions on the net but no luck Thanks E

Reply to
Ed

"Ed" wrote;

My Creda ceramic hob is held down by two clips and the seal is formed by foam tape under a metal surround that forms the outer edge of the ceramic top, as per the installation instructions. I recently had to remove the hob; the seal just peeled off and I was able to reuse it. There were no signs of any leakage from the worktop to the underside of the hob. If you stick the seal down it will probably tear if you ever need to remove the hob.

Reply to
Codswallop

Sicky back foam tape, if you dont have any you can get it in draught excluder guise at B&Q :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

I wouldn't bother. That way it's much easier to take it out, drop it in the skip and fit a decent one.

Reply to
Huge

I thought Matsui was Dixons' own-brand for (really, really) cheap audio stuff in the 1980s.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yep, I remember them, buttons and knobs that would fall off in the shop !!!! Not quite the solid machined aluminium of Musical Fidelity stuff !!!

My god how I hate bad HiFi :-(

Reply to
Staffbull

Yep, I remember them, buttons and knobs that would fall off in the shop !!!! Not quite the solid machined aluminium of Musical Fidelity stuff !!!

My god how I hate bad HiFi :-(

Reply to
Staffbull

What about "Saisho" (thew Matsui predecessor) That has to be the mother of all things bad in electical equipment!

Reply to
TonyK