Installing a hob

I'm installing a Candy ceramic hob in my kitchen. It came with 4 small brackets (about 5 cm by 1 cm) and 4 screws but no instructions on what to do with them. Are they intended to secure the hob or to support it?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Are they flat ? Usually these go under the worktop clamping the hob down on the surface

Reply to
Vass

That sounds right. If you cut the hole the right size then the work surface takes the weight and supports the hob and the brackets secure it underneath.

Reply to
steeler

There is sometimes a reel of foam tape also that is designed to go round the perimiter of the underside of the hob and help seal the joint between hob and worktop.

Reply to
John Rumm

More often strips of something like bluetak or plasticene, supplied between sheets of cellophane

Reply to
John Stumbles

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

And in my experience it's crap, too.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes, there is a length of foam tape.

Thanks for all the replies, but I still don't know what to do with these little clamps or brackets or whatever. Has anybody here actually installed a Candy hob?

Reply to
Bob Martin

They should screw in to the underside of the hob and cantilever out t clamp against the work surface. The more you tighten them the greate the clamp down

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Great, yes, I see it now! Thank you very much.

Reply to
Bob Martin

... and it is possible to over do them. Also the screw heads are often philips rather than pozi.

Reply to
Ed Sirett