soil pipe joints

Hi, have built new upstairs bathroom between the two bedrooms in my

2-up 2-down and now need to install the soil pipes.

I have a length of 6m brown pipe - is this ok for running under the floorboards for the horizontal run to the rear of the house, or must I use grey socket pipe (the toilet flexi connector pipe will go into the end of this pipe so I think I don't need the socket anyway)?

This pipe will connect outside to a black 92.5 access branch, going up to the terminal vent and down to a rest bend, using black single socket end pipe. I got an access pipe just in case of a blockage in the future. However the access pipe has 3 sockets. Do I remove the socket from the end of the vetical pipe to connect to the access pipe. If so, the joint will now be upside down - hopefully I am worrying about nothing.

Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

Guessing the access branch has one or more solvent sockets. If so and you want to do it your way you just turn round the vertical pipe. Is that the question or have I missed something? Personally I would suggest you stick with ringseal outside and avoid sovent weld otherwise you might run into expansion problems.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The access branch has 3 pushfit/ringseal connections. Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

Never come across that configuration of ringseal access branch so I have learned something. Normally they have a spigot which fits into a socket below, a socket upwards and another socket at 92.5 deg in which case everything makes sense.

The ring seal will work both ways if that's the way you want to do it, but its not the normal convention. So to answer your original question differently, cut off enough plain pipe to suit leaving a handy piece of plain pipe with socket which will prove useful somewhere.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander