Adapting Drain Pipe Connections

This is a question about how to connect various drain pipes together.

I've got a 4" corrugated pipe running down the side of my house, to the street.

I want to connect my sump pump to this pipe, so the water discharge runs to the street also. But my sump pump uses 2" PVC.

How do I connect 2" PVC to a 4" corrugated pipe?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
wrldruler

You won't find any ready made fittings. Cut a hole in the corrugated pipe, insert the PVC, seal with silicone or epoxy. Be aware that this may be some sort of code violation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I recently did some work on our gutter drains, and saw adapters in our local home center to go from 4" corrugated pipe to 4" rigid pipe. I saw them at a few different stores, so I assume they are fairly common. You can then use a regular PVC reducer bushing or two, or even a Fernco coupling to get down to the 2" pipe. For that matter, a Fernco coupling might even fit over the corrugated pipe? You'd have to try it at the store and see how it fits. You might need a short length of pipe too to make the various connections.

Four inch "drainage" pipe has a slightly different size then regular four inch "DWV" pipe, but I'm sure you could find adapters to connect the two.

It would take a few fittings, but it should be doable.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

Just an update to finish the topic off.

First, the sump pump pipe was 1.5" DWV (not 2" as my post originally stated).

All of the hardware stores in my area had identical fittings for S&D pipe -- the normal Wyes, Tees, elbows, etc. Except the small hardware store down the street had one fitting different from the rest -- a 1.5" DWV to 4" S&D adapter. It wasn't even on their price list. I had to make them take me out back so I can see their selection. Anyway, it was exactly what I needed.

If they hadn't had that exact adapter, then I would have been able to convert 4" S&D to xx" DWV and then used a second adapter to go xx" DWV to 1.5" DWV.

I installed everything last weekend and everything seems great.

Thanks,

Chris

HerHusband wrote:

Reply to
wrldruler

Excellent, I'm glad you found what you needed.

Take care,

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband