Incandescent lamps

I *much* prefer the output of an incandescent *gas* lamp. Much better colour temperature than the new fangled electric lights.

Reply to
<me9

The colour is nice.

To begin with the hiss is reassuring.

Then it becomes calming. A gentle, soothing sound.

Then it transmutes into a bloody annoying sound and I'd rather be in the dark than continue to hear that noise...

BTW Can you get gas lamps with FSDs fitted?

Reply to
Rod

The drawback with arc lights is winding up the clockwork that keeps the arc steady.

Owain

Reply to
Owain