Urinal

Anyone know where I might find a urinal for installation at home.

i saw some at gentoworks.co.uk but not much I fancy

I didn't realise finding the right pee pot was so hard.

Budget of £300 + whatever plumber would charge to fit

How cool I get rid of the down stairs toilet and get a urinal, I'll drink loads of beer just to tinkle of 30 mins :)

The novelty might wear off nah not likely :)

Reply to
James

Fitting a urinal could well affect the saleability of your house in future. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Why? What can you do in a toilet that you can't do in a urinal?

Reply to
now wash your hands

Almost certainly, I'd have thought!

I can almost see the attraction of fitting one in an household of all-males, who have no female friends or relatives, and where there might not be room for a conventional toliet - but what on earth would be the point of removing an existing loo for this?

David

Reply to
Lobster

I'm surprised urinals aren't more popular. It is=20 increasingly common for houses to have bidets fitted so why=20 not a urinal too? - If there is space.

--=20 David in Normandy

Reply to
David in Normandy

Aston Matthews in Essex Road, Islington had an interesting one when I browsed around their shop a couple of years back. It was a urinal with a wash hand basin on the top, which flushed the urinal.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You could always remove it when you sold the house - or would that be taking the .............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The message from Lobster contains these words:

American females under 30 frequently urinate standing :-)

German males are not normally permitted to urinate in domestic toilets from a standing position :-(

Reply to
Appin

Any local plumber's merchant should be able to order one. Apparently they used to be quite commmon in eg billiard rooms in country houses.

Would sir like china or stainless steel?

I've heard of people trying to recreate a pub atmosphere at home, but putting a condom machine in the under-stairs cludgie is going a bit far!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I hate lifting the seat up which is a pain when living with 4 woman/teens+wife

Reply to
James

Not very likely to sell up in the near or far future.

I have a spare bathroom with a walk in shower just put in (solely for me) as when I get in from work I'm a bit messy. So I kind of designing it as I got along. Done the tiling, shower, counter, mirror, extractor, flooring. just needs a urinal and a heated tower rail :)

You may be wondering why the hell well, this room was unusued and we just slung whatever in there till I reclaimed it as my island so I thought I'd stamp my personal touch on it and be a bit different. Besides I hate lifting the seat up for the rest of the family and putting it down ... it'd be nice to just walk in and out ... off course washing my hands :)

Reply to
James

I'm surprised urinals aren't more popular. It is increasingly common for houses to have bidets fitted so why not a urinal too? - If there is space.

At last someone standing with me on this :) lol.

Reply to
James

Interesting ... just saw one .. bog standard pardon the pun but has a dim red led for nightime visits! how cool is that.

Reply to
James

Stainless stell unless china comes with prawn crackers.

Thats a good idea :) ... but my wife might get suspicious lol

Reply to
James

And doing a sit down job would be tricky ...not to say messy :-)

Reply to
Stuart B

There must be a sink in there, that way you can save time by doing it while you're brushing your teeth.

Reply to
Doki

I think we are all with you on this.

I'll drink to that.

Just a minute ...

That's better.

Proper Builders Merchants used to stock them, around here it was UBM Rycroft. They seem to have gone.

But for sure they are available. Most probably you need to find a professional building / janitorial supplier. Don't be too concerned, I've no doubt they'll be more then happy to take your money.

HTH

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Oi I never said you could use my toilet that would be 20p sir and 20p for that aftershave you nicked :)

That beer goes right through hehe

Reply to
James

Ah you need a She-Pee one

was looking for something quite different and come! across this, honest :)

-
Reply to
Mark

Why would you need a urinal if you have a bidet? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel