Wal-Mart Mgr FIRED

They took two weeks to determine the store mgr did not follow company rules. So the dumped him. The company also reports that no discrimination was found. Also the story told the tampa police he (the gaf employee ) tried to pass a forged check. That was because they could not get into the gaf bank to determine if good. The bank had a block on this type of info. Do not know why the bank wants to block info but........ Funny part is the forgery was reported and in a very short time tampa police determined all was legit. Wal mart mgr still would not say they were sorry. So if anyone out there wants a $22,000 a year job at wal-mart in tampa fl. apply on line. Company now says all mgrs will go to CHARM school.

Reply to
O D

Wooooo.. $22,000 uh year. Where do I sine up?

Reply to
Leon

... and what someone was saying that's for 6 days a week, wohoo! [Not sure if that is true or urban legend. Seems a pretty small salary for that kind of responsibility and hours.]

Mark & Juanita

Yeah, no discrimination. Charm school is probably just as good an idea as is the ethics training GWB is making his people take. Like you can teach dolts to be polite and 40-50-60 year olds to be ethical if their mommas ain't already done it.

Reply to
Charles Self

Yep, much easier to sit back and say it's impossible. Too bad the neocoms don't say the same thing about entitlement "safety nets" which become hammocks.

Reply to
George

You worry so damned much about entitlements, where is it written that the bunch of crooks that each administration appoints should receive ethical training at my expense. If they want to charge it to you, fine. I don't want to pay for something they should already know.

WalMart is rapidly fading into a "who cares" category for many people, but, in fact, all their personnel screw ups, and the suits they engender, end up in the final price people pay for items there.

I don't recall saying it wasn't possible, nor do I recall writing about safety nets and hammocks. That's your personal aberration.

Reply to
Charles Self

I forget how obtuse and close-minded you really are sometimes. Thanks for reminding me.

It's written in federal law that those who take federal dollars home take certain forms of training as a condition of employment. Among others, courtesy of pressure groups on the left not the current president, we have sensitivity training, and EEOT briefing, among others. Feel free to disparage them, and call for their elimination as ineffective. At the same time, consider how many other programs and regulations, an example of which was given, could be rescinded if the same cost/benefit analysis were applied.

Shouldn't have taken you much mental effort to bridge the two thoughts.

Reply to
George

Not to worry. Given the administration's track record with truth and integrity, none of this is going to happen anyway. grumble, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

... snip

No, but you did use the totally unrelated topic of Walmart and courtesy training to take a swipe at the current administration -- seems like your own personal aberration there.

Mark & Juanita

No problem, then. Now I know why I have to attend ethics training every year. My company has a major ethics problem; it's very true. OTOH, it's the folks in the corporate offices that have caused us to be on the national news periodically... not the folks who have to take the ethics classes. *We* are not the problem; *we* have never been the problem. But *we* are the ones who have to sit through that horsehit every year.

And still I cringe every time I hear my company's name on TV. It's never good.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
[...]

ANd because food is more important than morals you still increase that companys shareholder value by working for them. In a slightly better world the workers union would have to power to throw the quilty out of their jobs fur unethical behaviour at the company steering wheel.

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

I'm probably not alone in wondering what the heck you're talking about.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

It seems that even if you're a long-standing employee, coloured people just aren't trusted by Walmart.

is a large UK supermarket chain and was bought by Walmart a couple of years ago)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You sine up around the corner!

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Where on earth did you get that conclusion from the article cited? They fired someone over allegedly racist remarks. The only handwringing is how the company attempted to handle a requirement regarding how to comply with immigration laws -- those laws and requirements weren't their doing.

Do people really think that somewhere Walmart (or other companies) have this secret racist training/screening camp where employees go to be told how to discriminate against minorities? That almost has to be the thought process for this kind of reasoning to be applied to all company managers across not only one country, but now the world.

Mark & Juanita
[...]

Not only Walmart. It's standard practise:

Juergen Hannappel

the result of inept training meant to produce the exact opposite results.

Such training that I've seen tends to be either too abrupt, as in the BITCH for the day woman, or so warm and fuzzy it makes normal folks puke. Neither does anything good, but the AIM is to do good, not create discrimination.

Reply to
Charles Self

The rule is that all employers must be satisfied that their staff (whites too) are entitled to work in the UK. An Asda-Walmart manager decided that it was appropriate to read out the names of long-standing Asian employees over the public PA and demand that they report to the office with their passports. This is both humiliating and discriminatory (the white employees were not singled out in this manner).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You wouldn't happen to work for Boeing would you? A couple of years ago, every time they were mentioned on the news I knew to schedule another hour for some sort of ethics presentation.

Reply to
justme