Immigrant exodus leads to DIY cost hike

"The cost of home improvements has risen by about a fifth as eastern European tradesmen who have provided cheap labour return home, a new report shows."

Perhaps someone should tell Mr Wallop what DIY stands for :-)

Reply to
Andrew May

In message , Andrew May writes

you're letting facts get in the way of a political statement there ...

Reply to
geoff

Andrew May coughed up some electrons that declared:

Good for the Poles at least...

Based on work a friend had done recently, it appears that romanians might be the new poles. One source of discount labour may be drying up, but there are several nations who could fill their shoes.

Reply to
Tim S

I saw this story elsewhere. It's part of what seems to be a growing trend to use the "DIY" to mean "home improvements". That Wickes PR thingy uses the term DIY in the same way.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

"Bloody immigrants, fleeing our country and leaving all of our jobs behind."

Is there no pleasing these chattering people and their bile-filled rags?

Reply to
Andy Dingley