If you haven't already got one.....

Seems like a good deal.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd say you would be lucky to get a couple of solid weeks work out of it before it burns out.

I wouldn't waste my money on cheapo tools as you only get what you pay for.

I have a Makita 4.5 inch angle grinder after I managed to burn out 2 Bosch grinders while cutting some 2inch paving slabs a few years ago.

Reply to
Bob H

I find Axminster branded tools to be of indeterminate quality. Some are absolutely dreadful and after a few bad experiences tend to avoid them. Y.M.M.V. Still for that sort of money, and for occasional use, might be worth a punt.

Reply to
fred

I bought a 115mm PowerPro B&Q cheapie about 15 years ago. I don't use it day and night but it's worked its way through many, many standard discs and I'm on at least the second diamond disc. The last job was to cut a few decent thickness 70s steel radiators in half (4m ones, had to get them in the trailer!) Job before that was on a stand lopping off lengths of tube, say a good solid 20min run.

Several years ago, after doing a house renovation, I treated it to a strip down and clean (much dust in it)

It's noisy but no noisier than new and it came with spare brushes which, thinking about it, I might even need one day at this rate.

Yep, definately a mistake buying a cheapy one.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M