Snake oil?

Seems to good to be true?

Bedec Multi Surface Paint

Interior and Exterior Paint No primer or undercoat needed Use on a variety of surfaces including wood, MDF, metals, plastics, tiles, masonry, plaster and UPVC.

The Medway Handyman

Gold plated as well at that price...

Reply to
John Rumm

AFAICR "MSP" paint's been around for years actually; I think I have an old tin somewhere myself.

They used it all the time on that "Changing Rooms" programme on the telly - not that that means anything of course!

Reply to
Lobster

"If" it works, the price compares with 1 x primer + 1 x gloss - and a huge labour saving.

"If" it works :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There are some positive comments around the web. Apparently the company is very small hence does not have Dulux-level advertising.

Reply to
polygonum

There used to be a paint that claimed to key in by slightly eroding the surface it was applied to. It was many years ago on Tomorrows World, and I nver heard of it ever again. Could this be it? Mind you if its that good, why have we not seen it everywhere?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This is the principle of "etch primers" which are widely used on metals in industrial and manufacturing applications. Generally contain phosphoric acid so removes some metal and leaves a phosphate coat.

Reply to
newshound

I've seen decades old paint still perfectly sound on window glass. Go figure as they say

Reply to
stuart noble

No mystery. Glass is inert (unlike ferrous metals) and it doesn't move around like wood does.

Reply to
newshound