Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft

Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:

I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got another. It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from Bessey for the old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see if they'll sell. I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and apart from a few minor cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and metal handles instead of wood) they are virtually identical. Given that most manufacturers are getting upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a steal. This is a good chance to add to your old K-body collection before the prices jump up by %40.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Yes, I got them when they were branded woodcraft about 3 years ago. Those blocks suck though. The oval prevents them from getting close to the corner. I was foolish enough to buy 2 sets of blocks and not use them until it was too late... ...

Reply to
woodchucker

I never saw the Woodcraft brand clamps, but I don't think they're the same. At least that's what the salesman at Woodcraft said. He had some complaints about the older Woodcraft clamps that I don't think are an issue with these. Can't remember what he said the complaint was though...

I've never used any of the blocks I've gotten with any of my clamp sets. I probably could have, but it's never crossed my mind at the time I've been clamping things up, and they're tucked away in a drawer somewhere, so out of site out of mind... :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Not sure what the problem is, I like them. Not really different from the bessey's.. time will tell. They have been used quite a lot. You can never have too many clamps ;-)

Reply to
woodchucker