IEC Mobile.

I have recently acquired a mobile phone (yes I know I'm a philistine) It lives in the car . Now I seem to remember putting a number as your IEC (In Emergency Contact). How do I get this IEC number the start side of the splash page. As is I have no lock screen, there is nothing on the 'phone it is merely for use if I break-down or similar. But part of me wants to have some sort of lock is there anyway I can put the IEC number this side of the lock?

Reply to
soup

I think you mean ICE 'in case of emergency'.

You could start by telling us what kind of phone you have...

Reply to
Theo

Create a modified wallpaper with the number on - then it will be visible whenever the screen is on.

Reply to
John Rumm

Low tech.

Wouldn't a paper sticker stuck on the outside serve the purpose?

"This phone was stolen from soup, if ye need to relent and give it back, or soup is likely in trouble call 0123 4567890 and leave a message after the bleep."

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

As you say recent, I assume Android 11 or 12 - earlier are most likely similar but I can't remember. This video shows how to add data to the lock screen - unless you've found a way to remove the lock screen?

Bob Henson

Recently acquired a mobile phone is not the same as acquiring a recent mobile phone.

Reply to
mm0fmf

It was the oldest son's but I feel it is a fairly recent one .

Eldest son is up on the Isle of Mull now so I don't see him a lot.

Flash :- figured out what to do it is Android version 11

Reply to
soup

Unlikely to last long.

Makes more sense to put that on the wallpaper.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, but it is most probable. The OP's reply shows I was correct.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Only up to a point . As you wrote it mm0fmf was correct. 'It' is up to Android thirteen now .

I only got this one as son has updated his (he is pretty much whatever was before millennial or is a millennial depending on how these things are worked out. He was born in 1992) so 'has' to have the latest technology (ah well he can afford it). So newish but not cutting edge. Had got an Apple 5 from him before but I don't think I even switched it on.

Reply to
soup