I have killfiled Commander Hucker ages ago

....but people keep replying, so they get automatically added to the KF list. I only notice when I check the list and see regular names.

Reply to
jon

Isn't this to be expected?

Reply to
JNugent

Why don't you use smarter kill file rules then?

Reply to
Martin Brown

If everybody killfiled the waste of oxygen and taxpayer's money, the wanker would shrivel up and die.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

Perhaps change newsreader. Thunderbird allows filters on a poster that deletes the subthread. That way you don't see Sucker's posts, nor do you see any replies.

This might be of use:

To use it in a filter:

  1. Go to Tools-->Message_Filters.
  2. Select the filter you want to add it to, and click [Edit].
  3. Under "Perform these actions", click on the [+] to add a new action.
  4. Set the new action to "Ignore Subthread"
  5. Click [OK] and you're done.
Reply to
Fredxx

Nope, he would morph into another name.

Reply to
Fredxx

Does this mean if Mr H replies to an existing thread, not only will his reply be deleted but so will all further contributions from that point onwards?

As a matter of interest, does Mr P exist or is he an automated process? (I hesitate to use the term 'artificial intelligence'.)

Reply to
Scott

It will hide his reply and any follow up replies to that sub thread. Replies elsewhere in the thread will some be received ok.

Yup, alas too dumb to be AI :-)

(actually that's a little harsh, on occasion he could manage some reasonably skilled trolling ISTR, but these days it seems to be simply ask a question and then disagree with every answer)

Reply to
John Rumm

Try it, if you create the filter to delete the subthread you won't see his posts, and the replies to his posts, anywhere in this group. You can check here:

or even with homeowners club to make sure the filter is working correctly.

Reply to
Fredxx

Well you are obviously miserable then. You sound like Marvin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I was asking about Mr P*eler, who seems to post only abuse.

Reply to
Scott

Your link to google groups and reference to homeowners made me think that Google might be able to block HOH, but it doesn't seem to have any filters.

Reply to
Dave W