How to seal a soil pipe penetrating through conservatory roof , very close to wall

Hi I have to seal around a soil pipe on a roof with conservatory through it and it’s a very small gap between house and pipe . It has been bodged and is leaking

Reply to
Stephen crowe

Exact same problem here. Assuming the roof is polycarbonate (the lightweight plastic) then...

1) From outside we see breaks in the covering tape over the flashing. We're using Bostick flashband tape and primer from Screwfix, accessing via a conservatory roof ladder (they're available to rent) 2) From inside, we can see a path through which the water is entering, and are plugging with silicone sealant / polycarbonate sealant from Wickes. 3) To find the gaps, we've just been leaning out of the window above the junction with a watering can.
Reply to
Mick

I think I would use something like this. Although designed for slate roofs were the aluminium part is pushed as much as possible under the top and side slates it could be used on plastic roofs by simply siliconing the aluminium onto the roof.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky