Humax EPG

You haven't got TVheadend, so you wont

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Humax FVP 5000T has 3 tuners & an 8 day EPG. Sometimes we can record 3 programmes whilst watching a 4th channel & sometimes we can't.

Reply to
wasbit

Managed to get Tvheadend installed on a Raspberry Pi after 4 attempts.

For some reason there were always some missing files. I didn't know how to correct that so had to wipe & reinstall both the OS & tvheadend until they worked.

Currently this is a mental exercise until I can find out how I can use it. I see that Roku supports it so that might be an option.

Thanks for the nudge.

Reply to
wasbit

Oh? it went pretty much first time for me. Setting it up is a pain in the arse though. Since my pi bricked itself two days ago I had to do it again. Somehow the DVB interface wasn't 'enabled' and it took me a while to spot that. Still cant get HD working on my setup. Pictures but no sound.

Odd. Not had that

I built a web server that operates on the Pi to display the channels and EPGS and you just click on the channel you want. I never implemented recording though. Do that manually etc. It's a bit rough round the edges, but its OK for me - I have to go into TVheadends own web interface to clear connections if I close the browser without cancelling a channel though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Update

The Humax EPG is populating better since allowing the box to turn itself on for half an hour earlier in the day. However it is not consistant. Somedays the list is fully populated, other days some channels can be fully populated & others only partially. Sometimes the only way a channel will populate is to turn off the EPG (ie return to normal viewing), switch the TV to that channel, the turn on the EPG. I still suspect that the EPG population is device sensative as the TVs & Freesat box don't seem to have a problem.

Reply to
wasbit