How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!

You have limited powers of comprehension and near zero power of analysis. Sad but true. ..............and you have no shame.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

Ok. Explain how a new design of electric motor driving an extractor fan can use 10% of the energy of a conventional one?

In words I - and others - can understand?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying something like:

So, what you're saying is that this inventor has come up with a design that will allow an electric motor to actually output more energy than is put into it?

I see... uhuh... riiiiiigggghttt...

Don't call us...etc.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Er no!!! I said, now please read properly when youn read next time, "uses

10% of the energy of other motors".

to open account

Reply to
IMM

Do you ever stop and think before regurgitating every bit of marketing bull you read?

For that claim to even be possible, the efficiency of electric motors would have to be under 10% in the first place to allow for the 90% improvement.

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I can't see waiting an hour for a charge ever catching on with the great majority of drivers. Even if time is not money who would want to sit around on a service station waiting for their battery to charge.

There is of course an easy way round that problem. Design the car for easy battery removal and get a battery transplant instead of a charge.

Reply to
Roger

What marketing do you refer?

This Jap motor is getting coverage in the tech mags and journals. Could be a scam. If you read the thread you would have read that.

The Lith Poly batteries are Kosher, they are real. No marketing there, as none of these are on the market. Do you know what Marketing is?

to open account

Reply to
IMM

An onboard freewheel piston Stirling can do it.

That is probably one the dumbest thing I have ever read. Take all the very heavy batteries under the seats out, and put in another set every couple of days. How dumb!!!!

to open account

Reply to
IMM

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying something like:

Yes, and? Given the efficiency of electric motors is 90+% already, and the ONLY function of an eclectic motor is to convert leccy to motion... you're seriously telling us that 10% of the electrical energy could suddenly be used to make the same amount of mechanical energy as before?

Ye canny change the Loz of Fizziks.

As I said, we'll call you.

Next!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Anyone with half a brain cell still intact would realise it's not possible for a 'new' electric motor to use 10% of the energy of others.

Tomorrow's World syndrome. Announce a principle like it's actually here. You have know idea whether they'll solve the intrinsic problems with Lithium Polymer technology. My guess is they won't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He seems to have more of a clue than you do, so I would say the he does, have you never heard of the phrase "You'll have to sell that idea to the venture capitalist before they will invest in your idea" ? Thos tech' papers you keep going on about could well be someone's attempt to 'market' their theory with a hope that someone will fund research, development or production - nothing more and nothing less, it doesn't prove that they work or it's even possible.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying something like:

Quite right too. Tripe babblers should be taken out and beaten to within an inch of their lives. Up and down the country there are countless thousands of pots full of tripe on cooking stoves, continuously babbling away and filling the houses with the smell of tripe and onions.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Wish IMM would get a brain transplant....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Another confused person responds.

No. I am not saying that at all, thsi Japanese man is.

Why? Do you have one of these motors?

to open account

Reply to
IMM

I fully agree with that. Well said!

to open account

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

The dumbest thing you ever read is the tripe you write. Up to now "lith poly" batteries have been light. Now they are unaccountably "very heavy". So what brought on the change?

Just for the record it would be by no means impossible to design a car in which even a heavy battery pack as used in todays environmental disasters could be in the form of a removable module that when in place gave the structure the requisite stiffness and when out still left a structure strong enough to maintain rigidity.

Reply to
Roger

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying something like:

You're spouting it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Another odd person. I am reporting it to the ng, as many tech journals have reported it and confident it works, some are not. I never said it works or does not work.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

Still demonstrating your complete inability to understand anything relating to numbers dIMM. You seem fond of quoting percentages for some reason but if you actually understood what they meant you wouldn't have claimed that your silly Prius put out 90% less pollution than the typical car. Likewise if you knew anything at all about electric motors you wouldn't propagate a myth about machines that, on the figures quoted, would just have to be well over 100% efficient. There is at least a rational explanation for why the dishonest and devious can get away with quoting potential efficiencies of up to 110% for gas boilers but the difference between higher and lower calorific values is not a licence to fantasize about impossible efficiencies elsewhere.

Reply to
Roger

Not worth reading.

to open account