How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!


wrote:

<snip infamatory remarks>
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Brain fart time. Make that around 50% efficient.
Although the way our resident clown bandies around efficiencies like a crazed ad man makes it rather difficult to comment with any accuracy.
--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

<snip ill-informed misinformation>
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Atkinson
of
is
You really don't get it, do you?
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Since you've never driven one let alone own one - or a DB6 - I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Auto Express do not conduct accurate tests.
--
*I don't work here. I'm a consultant

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

<snip drivel>
:-)
--
Roger

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
contains these words:

More lunacy.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
contains these words:

version),
Is there more than one person in the country with the second one full stop ?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

?
It's OK Roger is hard of thinking.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
contains these words:

version),
Of course it's not, I bet is someone bothered to ask him a question only an owner or main dealer would know about either he would be back to blustering and calling the question 'miss information'...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

at
Above your head. Just take it Synthetics cool very well.

Near enough right. The sump get cooled as the car moves along. The oil does not touch the atmosphere directly.

That would work, but not a swell as synthetic oil, which is brill at cooling.

So the tribologists told me. I believed them. Nice chaps and all that. I have also read on many occasions this fact too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
IMM wrote:

Many things you write are beyond my comprehension, but not because of the complexity of their physics.

I get the feeling that you have (as usual) not quite got a handle on this.
Using a synthetic oil may result in better long term cooling performance, but it it not because the oil is a better coolant. It will give better results because it will resist breakdown, is less likely to burn on to surfaces (and hence restrict oil flow or form insulating layers between the metal and the liquid oil). It may also give better lubrication performance and hence lower friction and heat production in the first place. It is an over simplification to simply claim they "cool better".
--
Cheers,

John.

/=================================================================\
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That is obvious.

Oh I do. I know what they said, and you don't because you were not there.

What I said too.

It is a better coolant.

I also said that too.

I said that too. (remeber the old A series I mentioned?)

Infinitely better.

.............and that it does too.

I said that as well.

After going so well you ruined it all. Don't you feel ashamed?
It isn't and oversimplification at all. It is clear for many reasons that they cool better. That is what I said.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
IMM wrote:

So if you know this, why do you persist in writing so poorly?

My comment was relating to the bigger picture, not your meeting...

Not really

If you persist in this claim (i.e. it is a better coolant in addition to the other advantages stated, rather than purely as a coincidental benefit of the other advantages stated) then you have yet to explain how.

That is questionable... well no in fact it is nonsense.

Don't think you did, but never mind you know now.

You claimed a few post back that "it also takes away heat too, cooling vital hot spots in the engine." as if this were some unique property of synthetic oil.
--
Cheers,

John.

/=================================================================\
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I am brilliant at writing.

I reported the meeting.

I did.

The tribologists told me and now I have forgot. They know what they are on about and that is all you need to know.

You are so wrong. Synthetic oil is vastly superior to mineral oil.

I did.

....and that is does.

Superior in doing this mineral oil.
Poor show by you here.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
IMM wrote:

So you say... and life in general no doubt...

Ah, why didn't you say you don't know in the first place, it would have saved all this effort.
So someone who you think knows their stuff told you something, the bulk of which you can't remember, but you do still feel comfortable making cast iron claims based on this partial memory?

infinitely -> vastly... hmm heading in the right direction. At least this claim is within the realms of possibility. Keep going.

Sorry I must have missed it, where?

More of your brilliant writing I see... but you still can't remember how it pulls off this feat of thermodynamics though?

If you say so.
--
Cheers,

John.

/=================================================================\
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Spot on.

on
I do know. I know synthetic oil is superior at cooling than mineral. You know I know that.

Oh they do. Showed me the results of their tests on oils.

Firm memory. Firm in that synthetics are superior at cooling than mineral oils. Got it? Or is that too difficult?

Yes both.

Within the realms of actuality.

Keep looking.

Fabulous I know.

I don't want to know. All I need and want to know is that it is a superior at cooling than mineral oils. Got it?

Clearly so.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

<snip>
To ruddy true, mostly total nonsense without a tread of reason or logic behind it !
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

<snip incoherent babbling.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"John Rumm" snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.null says... <snip>

A quick Google revealed a single source[1] that suggests that synthetic oil has a slightly higher specific heat capacity by volume than mineral oil, which would make it more effective at removing heat. Not vastly, but slightly.
[1] www.eere.energy.gov/troughnet/pdfs/uh_storage_overview_ws030320.pdf
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.