How the kinell do I paint this?

Customer wants me to paint the outside of her house. No problemo apart from the wall above the garage.

the area (badly) outlined in yellow.

I can't see any safe method of access other than scaffolding, which is likely to blow her budget.

Anyone got Spiderman's phone number?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ouch - how about putting a ladder up where accessible, and using a roller on a pole ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

work platform on a hoist? Cheaper than a scaffold and available on day-hire.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Is that a triangular garage????

Reply to
Bob Eager

For a Reliant Robin?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Cherry picker.

Maybe you could use your sales skills and resolve a repeat painting expense by extending the garage upto the roof. :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It is. Goes with the triangular back rooms & the triangular garden.

I get all the easy jobs :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Wilson" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:05 AM Subject: Re: How the kinell do I paint this?

Yep...them Poles 'll do it, but get one with long arms ;-)

Don.

Reply to
Don

OK - ask at

seriously though Is the garage roof a walk-on roof? you may be able to do something with a roller-on-a-stick

Reply to
OG

With difficulty? :-)

How about a bosons chair tied off at the chimney stacks? Or a cheap hire cherry picker?

Three ladders tied off to the walls top and bottom, and batten boards between them?

What height, even roughly, is the gable? Even a scaffold would be a difficult job. What a horrible shaped space to get anything in to.

Hang on. I think I have some sky hooks you can borrow, to tie the ladder on to any passing clouds. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Fill balloons with paint. You surely have a ballista?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Alas, only a scale model trebuchet.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cherry picker, if you can get it close enough looks to be quite a horizontal reach to the corner. You'll need to check the reach/height combinations carefully. Oh and the firmness of the ground and whats underneath where it will sit. Very common for a cherry picker to sink a leg into the ground and topple over...

Is the other gable hers or a neighours? Could the cost of scaffolding be shared between the two of them? Selling point to neighbour is that the unpainted wall will look *really* shabby against the nice newly done one. You may end up doing that house as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

one of those paint rollers with a pressurised paint supply?

Peter Parry

In message , BigWallop writes

It's gonna be difficult getting a ladder in there let alone a particle accelerator to create the bosons and I don't think that bosons have chairs although maybe the LHC will provide proof when it comes back on line next year? Any excuse to hire a cherry picker.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

========================================= A modified version of this, built off a basic access tower:

Cicero

She'll be so impressed by the paintwork she'll ask you to do some ceramic tiling next :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Cherry picker,about a £100 hire a day...well by me it is.

Reply to
George

Keep watchin

George

mind you it would cost a fortune in fuel, 30 sec flight times on those you need one of these 19 mins flight times

Kevin