How the kinell do I paint this?

I always wanted one of those and a lime green Capri and a Daytona yellow Cortina MK3

Reply to
Kevin

Alas its just earth, it would have to go on scaffold boards or something.

What a good idea! The other gable is a neighbours.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wot pliolite paint?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A supposedly long life plastic resin based paint. I applied it to well stripped concrete and 2 years later it was well & truly beyond saving. Contains mildly toxic naphtha. Get longer life out of lime than that.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I wanted a gold 1600E Mark II.

The Bond Bug never did well as a boy racer car for one reason - the position of the engine. Being a three wheeler, the engine was in a big 'hump' between the seats, forming an effective barrier. And there was no back seat.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Does the garage have roof tiles that can be removed to allow a ladder to be put through?

Reply to
Adrian C

It does. I'll give that some thought. Cheers.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Take your pick. I used Johnstones Stormguard, but most trade outlets do it under various brand names.

Reply to
stuart noble

IME it outperforms ordinary masonry paint by a very long way, although I believe it main attraction for the trade is that it can be applied in sub zero temperatures. In my case it finally kept the rain out of a vast expanse of crazed, painted render that I wasn't prepared to spend £10K replacing.

Reply to
stuart noble

Sorry to say that you are speaking from your rectum. Having spent almost 25 years in the Navy (RN) I can assure you that Bosun is a contraction of Boatswain, who also as a by the by, does not steer the ship, that is a Coxswain (an NCO, often a Chief), also the guy steering a seaboat. The Bosun is also an NCO or Warrant Officer, who is in charge of the seamanship type maintenance of the ship and equipment, ie boats etc.

Reply to
Old Git

No, I meant wot is pliolite paint :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And he doesn't have a whistle its a 'call'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Spot on Dave. Still have mine but was never much good with it, always sounded akin to a turtle farting in a tin bucket.

Mike

Reply to
Old Git

Wot no Google on your machine :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Origins in the Royal Navy

The rank of Boatswain was until recently the oldest rank in the Royal Navy, and its origins can be traced back to the year 1040.The Royal Navy's last official Boatswain, Commander E W Andrew OBE, retired in 1990.

In 1040 when five English ports began furnishing warships to King Edward the Confessor in exchange for certain privileges, they also furnished crews whose officers were the Master, Boatswain, Carpenter and Cook. Later these officers were "warranted" by the British Admiralty. They maintained and sailed the ships and were the standing officers of the navy.

Don.

Reply to
Don

Have I got to do all the work around here?

Sigh...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I were a sea cadet when I were a youth. Seven horizontal creases in the trousers & all that.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In Medway? My dad used to visit them. I was a Marine cadet!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nah, East London guv. TS Warrior IIRC. We had an ex Ark Royal lifeboat/launch in the Royal Albert Dock.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was Bosun in the Sea Cadets (late 60's). Instead of the white lanyard I wore the Bosuns Pipe & piped the various calls; Pipe Down, Haul, Carry On, General Call, All Hands On Deck,, The Side, Word to be passed etc etc. Each a distinctive call made of variations of high & low notes, trills, warbles etc.

In the RN it is still an offence for anyone to 'whistle' on board, in case it is mistaken for a Bosuns Call.

Don.

Reply to
Don