How hot is your house?

Outside 37°C (according to smartphone); inside 26.3°C, RH 52%; all windows closed.

Reply to
Max Demian

I had all my outside doors and windows open from around 3am to first light(ish) Initially the inside temperature was around 25C and the outside temperature 20C. When I shut all doors and windows and with drawn curtains the inside temperature was 23C.

It's now averaging 27C (hallway 29C).

Outside temperature 33C (in shade) and near zero breeze.

My PVR is registering a 50C system temperature, Processor 78C

Inside RH is 43/45% - shown on on three cheap temp/RH meters

The web say outside RH at 5:30pm was 35% My web dry bulb thermometers indicate a RH = 23%

Reply to
alan_m

The hydrangea outside my front porch, on the north side of the house, which only gets glimpses of sun for about a month at this time of year in the morning and evening, has gone all droopy.

Reply to
Andrew

That's the best plan. Sadly it looks like tonight its not gonna drop much below 24°C. But I will open windows last thing...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mine is a recent gift from a neighbour, so I don't know it very well, it's a bit droopy and the bigger leaves have died at the tips, but its "flower" isn't blue or pink, it's very pale yellow ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

32°C inside :(

A bit late now to fix that. Tomorrow I have ordered that all windows will be shut.

I'll comfort myself with cool thoughts that it's at least 5°C below my standard blood temperature.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Pi Pico with Wifi readily available. You'll have to write a lot more code yourself however.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Well done. :)

Look on Amazon, where they are £150, without the kit items!

Reply to
GB

Sheffield - 35 outside, 30 attic, 25 1st floor, 23 ground, 17 cellar. RH

10-30. A local amateur weather station recorded 36.8 when I looked earlier - which I think would be a record here.
Reply to
RJH

She's calling round later so the bedroom will be cold.

Reply to
ARW

I'm on the north east coast in Kent (Herne Bay).

Don't have a thermometer downstairs. The office upstairs hit 31.5 this evening, but has backed off a degree or so now.

The swamp cooler is running as humidity is not too high. It delivers 588 cfm which is probably overkill!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've had all the windows and doors fully open since the outside temperature dropped a degree or two below the inside temperature. After 2 hours my inside temperature is averaging 26C downstairs and 27C upstairs.

Reply to
alan_m

The Samsung and Xiaomi ones I have do - so probably a common feature.

Reply to
RJH

Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net posted

In south-west London we had 34 in the shade most of the afternoon. I'm never sure how accurate the thermometer is though.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

I'd expec tPWS (personal weather station) data isn't far off - my locals:

RJH

My loft was 47.5C at 4PM yesterday, 38.4 at the moment.

Reply to
Andrew

Whoops, send clicked too soon . . .

It's still only at 29C (by 2 thermometers) and it's east facing - roof surface is already 55. Too hot to work in in any case.

It is insulated with 50mm celotex and new slates - wonder if that helps?

Reply to
RJH

That can't make its mind up ...

set it to °F and it says "Today's temperature is forecast to be WARMER than yesterday"

set it to °C and it says "Today's temperature is forecast to be NEARLY THE SAME as yesterday"

Reply to
Andy Burns

underside of tiles/sarking felt now 45°C

ground floor: concrete floor=23°C, walls=24°C, ceiling=26°C

first floor: wooden floor=33°C, walls=32°C, ceiling=34°C

outdoors: ground in shade=33°C, ground in sun 45°C

car: upholstery 45°C, bonnet (yeah, yeah emissivity) 60°C

Reply to
Andy Burns