How hot is your house?

Now reached 36°C outside, but inside its 24°C in the living room with the massive fireplace and concrete floor...and all the curtains drawn and the windows shut tight

Bit warmer up here in the office, with the windows shut and the curtains drawn. Say 26°C

Heck, this PC is only registering CPU temps of 29°C on the cores (Intel® Core™ i5-6600T )

(the server is nearly 60°C on its old Core 2 duo..)

RH is claimed to be 21% at the local airbase

Cambridge appears if anything cooler

34°C and sub 20% RH.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
28C inside in the "office", 35C in the garden. I have the back door and cellar door open, with a nice breeze coming through.

The thermometer initially was offscale over 50C, but that's because it had fallen over on the garden bench and so was measuring the temperature of the sundrenched table top.

Reply to
Jonathan Harston

In article <tb3mfe$c0am$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid scribeth thus

Says a bit hotter over at Marshals airport!..

he report was made 16 minutes ago, at 12:50 UTC

Wind 8 kt from the Southwest, varying between South and West Temperature 36°C

Humidity 21%

Pressure 1018 hPa

Visibility 10 km or more

no clouds below 1500 m and no cumulonimbus

Reply to
tony sayer

This is inspiring me to get a spare Pi and a couple of temp sensors and do some recorded monitoring. :)

Reply to
Jonathan Harston

the coin cells on my zigbee temperature/humidity sensor both need replacing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Good luck with getting any Pis at all at the moment But I am right there with you. I want one of those as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a ZT-X auto ranging multimeter with a thermocouple probe reading

25C in the living room .....Western Lake District.
Reply to
jon

Cambridge Computer Laboratory Rooftop Weather at 03:12 PM on 18 Jul 22:

Temperature: 35.0 C Pressure: 1019 mBar Humidity: 13 % Dewpoint: 2.5 C Wind: 0 knots from the SW Sunshine: 9.4 hours (today) Rainfall: 0.1 mm since midnight

So its all within a degree or so.

Mildenhall: 13:56 Temperature: 36.0°C Pressure: 1018.17mb Humidity: 21 % Dewpoint: 10.0°C Wind: WSW/8.1mph Rainfall: None

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Holding at 23C in the living room and the core of the house is slightly cooler than that. Outside it is presently 30.2 in the shade. About 31C in the hottest places in North Yorks now and 10C cooler at the coast.

Sunshine is unremitting and that milky look is coming back into the skies so it probably will stay quite warm overnight. I had my doubts that it would get so hot today since it was initially cloudy here but the high uniform clouds quickly burned off after about 9am.

My office is at 28C with a fan on "slow" (which is actually paper rearrangingly quick). That part of the house is new build so it has nothing like the thermal inertia of the core solid brick/stone walls 3' thick in places.

CPU is at 39C (would go up if I was working it harder).

RH is nearly 30% here. It rained briefly yesterday morning. Crops are all frying in the sun and desperately short of water.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Where I am in Kent, it is 35°C outside and 26°C in the sitting room. My attic is at 40°C. I can't say that it is uncomfortable in the sitting room. It was not quite so warm yesterday.

Reply to
Michael Chare
25C indoors, 32C outside, 35C down the hill (we're on top of the Downs).
Reply to
Tim Streater

Cambridge Marshals is saying its now 37 don't think they'll break the record today!..

FWIW the Uni site says;

Data quality and uses

This is an amateur-maintained weather station. At the moment, we strongly advise against using the data here in statistical analysis without prior cleaning and calibration using other sources. It would be easy to draw incorrect conclusions otherwise, because:

Observations are not gathered in similar conditions to ones used by the Met Office Our sensors are not calibrated against references Some sensors have been changed over time with ones working on different principles (see implementation) Data contains inaccuracies, and the documented list is not exhaustive

Reply to
tony sayer

I bought a RPi a few days ago, as a kit, including a case, a few cables and a charger. About £100 for a 4GB, which is obviously expensive but not completely OTT. OKdo.

Reply to
GB

:)

Reply to
Robin

House still at 24 downstairs but a bit sweatier up her. Prolly 27-29

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

47.5C up in the loft and 28C upstairs.

Pleasantly cooler downstairs at 25/20 dry/wet bulb so I will sleep in the lounge tonight.

Reply to
Andrew

The Natural Philosopher used his keyboard to write :

36C outside, indoors it is 25.1C - sun facing blinds drawn, side door open, but fitted with fly screen. My hot weather routine, is open first floor windows at dusk and close them when I get up. I woke long before I actually got up and closed the windows too early, so I may not have disipated as much heat as possible from the house fabric, from yesterday.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

The Natural Philosopher used his keyboard to write :

10% outdoors, 41% indoors RH is being reported. Usually RH indoors is between 50% and 55% indoors, depending upon activity.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Jonathan Harston formulated on Monday :

Been doing it for years, it's interesting. I log indoor/outdoor temp, im/out RH, rainfall, wind speed direction, dew point and pressure. Take a look at CumulusMX and a Pi.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

GB laid this down on his screen :

Puch, I paid £25 for mine.