How do I handle this?

New house has a few wonky window handles but I'm damned if I can see how to tighten or remove them. There is a hole under the open handle but there is no screw in it, and no sign of a pry off cap.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Something must pry off? From my experience of window handles on UPVC no mat ter how old or new the screw holes are on similar centres. Seeing as you ar e not happy with the handles anyway it might be an idea to have a bit of a go at them particularly any plastic parts and see if you can access the fix ing screws.

I can recommend these people for replacements:

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I know where to buy replacements, what I don't know is how to remove this type of handle.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I cannot see your pic, but this house has cold shield windows, and the silly arses who made them put the tightened behind or inside of the handle bracket then riveted the bracket to the frame meaning th4e lose handles now need the complete handle to be drilled out and refitted. I'm not going to be bothered. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Might be a spring loaded plunger. Try pushing in a suitable size rod, press and then pull on the handle.

Reply to
Bob Eager