House prices in your street.

I may be going over old ground here as I have been away from the group for a while, but.... 'er ladyship just stumbled upon this fine tool.

what the doctor ordered when looking to buy a new house.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

Apart from the data is old and the analysis is seriously flawed! Apart from that it's just fine.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

is better and it is FREE..

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

But if as we are, you are looking at a property in particular and see the current owners purchased is 2 years ago for 25% off the current asking price, it gives you an idea as to how far you can try and push the price down to still be appealing to the current vendors.

Reply to
PeTe33

The Yahoo one is FREE, and doesn't have all that signing up SPAM list crap you are compelled to fill in before you can even look at any results.

All you do on the Yahoo site is enter a "human-only" code into the box and bingo. Checked my previous house sale and the price was spot on.

Each to their own though I guess.

Cheers Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

How do you reckon that? The market value of the house that they want to=20 move to will have risen by a similar amount in the same period, or they=20 may have spent a lot on improvements to the house they're selling.

Reply to
Rob Morley

The details of improvements and modernisations will be readily available from current vendors. A house is only worth what somone is willing to pay for it. If no-one pays the asking price and the vendors are desperate to sell so as not to lose their new interest, I would say knowing what they bought it for and what they had done and the purchase price was pretty good grounds for making s realistic and acceptable offer.

Reply to
PeTe33

The data they use is from the Land Registry and so it should be spot on. However the LR issue a monthly update (the last contained prices to the end of December 2005) and the data on this site only goes to August 2005. I don't know if they have stopped updating it aaltogether or it just hasn't been updated recently but if there are significant market moves then this length of time between updates is significant.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Really? They require you to register. So all those details will be sold on to others. Some free...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Just how desperate would they have to be? By the time they sold their=20 old house to you they probably couldn't afford the new one anyway.

Reply to
Rob Morley

It's free in that it doesnt cost anyhting ..but you knew I meant that anyway .As for the other ....lighten up ...so what if they want you to register .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Even better. Thanks Chris.

Reply to
PeTe33

If yoy stay in England or Wales of course .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Is there anywhere else?

:¬))

Reply to
PeTe33

Alan Vann

I'd really rather not give my details to a *supposed* 'free' site when there are others that do the same thing without.

If you want to that's up to you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

has much smaller bandwidth requirement for "in field" refrence on the mobile.

Reply to
PeTe33

I prefer houseprices.co.uk too - data seems more complete

Have you seen ononemap.com ? Its not what they sold for but ones for sale...

Reply to
mogga

I can confidently state I have received no spam on the address used to sign up to them some time ago.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq