Hotpoint Washing Mch Seal

Any pointers to whats involved in changin a door seal on a Hotpoint Aquarius Washin Machine....Hidden screws...Total and Extreme disassembly etc etc ......

Reply to
Alek

No it's fairly straight-forward.

Unclip the front of the little plastic gubbins at the top of the opening and that will release the wire retaining ring that locks the seal to the cabinet.

Once that's loose you can get to the back of the seal and undo the clip that holds the seal to the tub.

Fitting the new one is simply the reverse proceedure, though getting the retaining ring back into the clip can be a fiddle.

HTH Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Straightforward, albeit a bit fiddly. Contact me off group if you want a copy of exploded diagrams that I compiled from the Hotpoint web site.

Peter

peterxx63xxandrews at yahoo.co.uk delete the xx's and ' at ' = @

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Thanks Andy.....The first three sentences all ring true now...only your fourth is causing me to go Hmmmmmm......

"Fitting the new one is SIMPLY the reverse procedure".... Taking a break now to visit local casualty for SIMPLE Knuckle replacement procedure.....

Any further hints,tips or face saving recommendations for me....lots of "I told U to call the Repair Man" humming and hawing coming from the front room......

Alek(not so)Smart

Reply to
Alek

:-))))) It's a phrase I got from the Haynes car manuals.

Well be fair both I and Peter used the word fiddly !!

Getting the spring back into the plastic thingy can be a struggle but look on the bright side, you are saving yourself a few bob.

I wonder if a little washing up liquid on the wire might make it seat better but nowhere near where you're trying to pull the ends together.

I'm sorry about the loss of face... :-{{{

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Many thanks to the DIY folks......Patience won thru in the end.... Successful end to the story !!!

Reply to
Alek