Help to change door seal please

Hi

I have a hotpoint aquarius WM32a washing machine, which I need to replace the door seal boot. Can anyone explain how to change it please, using PDF if neccessary.

TIA

Terry

Reply to
Terry

When I was changing door boots, I would turn off the power, release the seal from the outer frame, lean the machine back at an angle of about 45 degrees, (not on its back) which then makes the tub fall back a couple of inches giving a bit more working space, fold the old rubber seal inside the inner drum, and then feel for the band connecting the seal to the tub, find out how the band is fixed, and then remove the fixings, band, and seal, being careful not to drop any nuts and bolts as you will never find them again.. Refitting can be tricky as you usually have to line the seal up with any cut-outs, screw holes etc. on the door, so it is sometimes better to put the machine back on its feet whilst you do this, then once lined up, lean it back again, fit the lip on the inside of the seal round the rim of the tub opening (this is the tricky bit as you are working blind). carefully fold the new seal into the inner drum as before, being careful not to pull it from the rim as you are doing this, replace the band and fixings and tighten well, as this will be the water seal. Put the machine back on its feet, unfold the seal and refit to the outer frame. Sometimes it helps to remove the top of the machine and see if you can loosen the fixing band and fittings from there, but this can depend on the different fittings used, sometimes a spring band is used instead of a clamp.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Very helpful Harry....Thank you.

Reply to