Hotpoint DC28 Broken AGAIN Grrr

Following on from the fiasco last week with my new DC28 dishwasher, and the

14day wait for repairman + parts + liberal amounts of angry phonage to call center somewhere, it worked for 3 washes and has packed up again.

*exasperation* Hotpoint are sending man tomorrow but if he cant fix it there and then, i'll be rejecting it. Does Hotpoint have to refund me, or the shop I bought it from?

Comments guys

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Hi Tim

Just reading your post, hope you get a new replacment or a refund. Only think I will say is please don't take it out on the repair man. I used to be in a similar role with in home PC repairs years ago and some people take so much out on the poor old repair man. I was at one point locked in the customers house, had to threaten to call the police as he was holding me against my will. It is not the repair engineers fault you are having these problems, treat him with care and biscuits and he will probably tell you the best way of getting a new replacment.

Good Luck Phil

Reply to
PhilÅ

In law, the shop. However, in my experience, Hotpoint is very good about replacing things after a failed warantee repair.

I had a similar incident with a brand new Whirlpool. The second repair man arrived to find I had it all nicely packed up back in its original packaging and left it by the back door ready to be shipped back. He had been intending to try a second repair, but on seeing it like that with no easy way to test it short of unpacking the thing and plumbing it back in again, he just said "OK, I'll arrange for a collection and a replacement". Sorted:-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:04:55 +0000 (UTC), "Peter" strung together this:

But the Hotpoint are piles of shit and the Bosch are a reliable machine. Doesn't matter who makes them.

Reply to
Lurch

Many thanks all, shall see what the repairman prescribes is wrong tomorrow morning and take it from there..

tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I had a Miele before my Hotpoint, and that **was** a heap of unreliable junk. Must have fixed it dozens of times. Mind you, neither dishwasher was any good at washing dishes :-)

Reply to
Coherers

Save the money, don't buy a replacment. Just place the clothes in the bottom of the shower and chuck a bit of powder in. After the family have showered all the clothes should be lovley and clean.

Reply to
PhilÅ

I don't know what you were doing then. I've never had any significant issue with any Miele product (dishwasher, washer, dryer, cleaner) and that's in about 30 machine years of operation.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Expecting it to do the washing up without breaking down?

All makes have good and bad products. And the Miele G560 was one of the bad ones I guess. We bought it because they had a reputation for being good, but it turned out not to be.

Reply to
Coherers

no its a crap design and it does matter Bosch made the machine just because it has a Hotpoint name on it dont make it s**te thats down to design and materials, tthe Bosch ones give me just as much trouble and are a pain to repair the op will be lucky if it gets fixed because engineers dont have the time to get inside the stupid things.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I agree, Bosch are not as reliable as they were. Ours has just failed after 5.5 years just after the extended warranty ended! and the engineer has been out to this a few times in the past. I Spent an hour or so changing the brushes and it worked for a short time, but now it looks like the main control unit (=A3180) has gone.

My wife is going out to get a new one tomorrow and we will probably get Bosch again, They are quiet and at least 40% cheaper than a Miele and I think they are a bit better than zanussi, hotpoint etc. but not sure there is a lot in it.. We will get an extended warranty though.

Reply to
deckertim

i am still waiting to get my hotpoint dishwasher fixed.

if possible get yer money bak. utter crap imho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

never found one that was...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

oh. if you wre washing clothes in a dishwasher, maybe thats why it failed...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Engineer called this morning (at least they are reliable!) and deduced the actual wash cabinet is leaking somewhere, as the baseplate was again full of water, which had been liberally sprayed into all bits of the workings and forked the controller. This they can't repair.

Have rejected the machine with original supplier (much to their annoyance) and insisted they purvey me a Bosch. (seems jury is out on reliability of these!) at their earliest convience and expense.

Watch this space!!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.