BT GRRR!!!! AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! !

After the OpenReach visit to my 95 year old neighbour, seemingly correcting the fault at the exchange, last night there was no service at all, not even dial tone. Calling BT again, you'd think that a sunsequnent failure following their first visit would act as some form of spur to sort things out quickly, but, no, we have to wait a day and a half for another visit.

Whatever happened to customer service???????

Reply to
gareth evans

what did you expect

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Gareth obviously made the wrong diagnosis so the Openreach engineer has swapped the wrong card. Customer service was excellent, it was crap advice that was followed.

Reply to
Andrew

When I was a cable jointer there many moons ago, people worked their way up the ranks. If you hit a problem you could call your boss and get help and so on, because they had done the same job as you before. Then they went the 'American way' in that a manager is a manager and they don't need to know anything about the jobs their staff are doing. The guys I used to work with tell me that their Level 1 manager used to be a storeman in a Vauxhall dealership and the Level 2 manager used to be a baker at Sainsburys! Neither one of them has even a remote understanding of telecoms engineering and the problems that can be encountered.

Reply to
Cliff Topp

No-one needs to be told that a real manager is a manager.

Reply to
Richard

That is quite quick - they have up to 3 working days to respond.

Have you registered them with BT as a vulnerable customer?

They do try harder to get elderly people phones repaired if they rely on it as a lifeline. But you have to register for that first.

Do they have care on call installed? If they live alone at that age they probably should do since a bad fall can be potentially lethal if you are on your own and there is no regular contact with neighbours.

She should have a PAYG mobile phone as a backup. Otherwise you are stuck with the standard 3 working days response.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I suspect its a person power issue. IE they are all doing jobs already allocated. This seems to be the way companies work these days. Its due to the old computer saying in x months on average we only had y failures so we only need Z people, forgetting that faults do not care when they appear so if a lot appear at the same time, there are no enough bods to fix them all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa