hot water

I have a combi boiler. I have lived in my house for about six years and it was there before. When i run the bath, the hot water comes out really slow. The hole in the tap is quite big. Could the slowness be due to the size of the tap and that the boiler can only produce hot water at a certain speed?? Thanks

Reply to
dave

The latter is the principal down side of combi boilers. Using a bucket and a watch what flow rate of water are you getting?(And at roughly what temperture).

You may have either excessive expectation or a problem boiler. If the flow rate is less than 8 litre/minute this is a problem unless it also scolding.

The most likely problem is scaling of the secondary heat exchanger if you are in a hard water area.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Has it always been like that?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

No it has not. The shower supply with hot water is rubbish now. Have to turn on cold tap in sink to get shower hot enough. Also when run the bath have to run cold tap to get water hot

Reply to
dave