Central Heating but No Hot Water

I am having problems with my vaillant turbo max plus (I think) Combi boiler that is only 2 1/2 yrs old. The heating works fine but the hot water doesn't If i run the hot water tap very slowly then it comes out hot for a short while but if I run it at normal speed it comes out very cold. The pressure is fine but I can only get hot water If I run the tap really slowly. I am not an engineer but trying to get a plumber to look at it is a bit of a nightmare so I am prepared to try and do something myself if possible. any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Abe

Does the boiler fire up OK when the taps are opened? It could be something as simple as you needing to turn the thermostat up a bit.

Reply to
BigWallop

The boiler fires up ok and I've got the hot water thermostat on the hotest setting. I think, reading some of the other similar post's its something to do with the heater exchange.

Reply to
Abe