Potterton Performa 24 - no hot water

We have had the above combi boiler working fine for the last 3 years; however it now fails to deliver hot water or even 'come on' when the hot water tap is turned on.

Could anyone please tell me what the likely problem is and also how to find a good trustworthy plumber/engineer?

Many thanks.

Reply to
bedazzled

If it fails to 'come on' for HW then the problem must lie with whatever means is used to detect HW flow. I assume that water is coming out of the taps at a normal rate.

I don't have a manual for one of these so I can't help further. You may have a manual and it may say how the boiler detects HW flow.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Many thanks. I have now found out that it is a defective diaphram which under water pressure pushes out a pin to operate a switch which then fires up the water.

Thanks for your post!

Reply to
bedazzled

That's pretty much the most common arrangement.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

replying to bedazzled, Micky blue wrote: Hi Most likely the larger rubber membrane in the diverter valve block. There will be a hole in it. So no pressure build up to drive the pin out to the micro Switch

Reply to
Micky blue