Worcester Heatslave 9 - 24 Low hot water flow

Hi can anyone help

I have a worcester 9 - 24 heatslave combi boiler. I have just replaced the pump and diverter valve. The CH heating is working fine but I can't get any hot water. When I turn on the hot water tap the flow is very low i.e not at mains pressure as it should be. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Reply to
ptkpo

One hot tap or all hot taps? How is the cold water flow/pressure?

Did you turn the cold feed to the boiler back on again - fully?

Has dirt collected on an inlet strainer?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Its the flow at all hot taps. The pressure on the cold water is fine. The cold feed is on fully. There is no dirt in the inlet strainer. I did find a valve on the diverter that when I turned it increased the flow, but it still doesn't seem to activate the diverter valve. Could there be air in the system? How do you go about removing it. Cheers

Reply to
ptkpo

OK. I'm a bit confused about the terminology here.

The valve you turned is probably a flow adjuster and/or cut off for the HW and opening it to get the required flow for the HW taps is good.

If you don't get all the air out from the primary circuit when you refill the boiler then you will have all sorts of problems. There is invariably an auto air vent in the boiler somewhere but they often have a dust cap which may be closed. Or it could just be gunged up.

You needn't worry about getting the air out of the HW taps it finds it own way easily enough.

When you draw hot water the boiler should do something even if it does not heat the water, does it do nothing?

To help you further I'd have to really get to grip with the layout of this particular unit. What I've said should work for most combi boilers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett