Tree Loppers

I was looking at tree loppers in a Draper catalogue and they have bypass type(like scissors) or anvil type. Both were exactly the same price so do either have any advantage? Is it worth buying both types?

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

I've found the bypass types work better on green wood, and the anvils on dry stuff.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Also, the ones with rods rather than cords connecting to the jaws are a much better bet.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In message , snipped-for-privacy@mwfree.net writes

The Scissor type give a better cleaner cut, esp on green wood. The anvil type can probably cut thicker branch and will take a bit more abuse. Trying to cut to thick a branch with scissor type can tend to force the blades apart bit, which if permanent can mean they don't work properly

For general use I would suggest the scissor type, then get the anvil type if that seems necessary

Reply to
chris French