homebase kitchen cabinets corner post

after ordering a corner cabinet (1000 wide with a 500 door) i am confused to how the corner is meant to be fitted.

They have sent me what looks like a standard 1000 base unit with 1 door.

As well as a second pack called a corner pack which includes a panel the same colour as the door with pre drilled holes. This I assume you drill on to the cabinet so its like a fixed door.

the other thing in the pack is a thin post in the glossy finish , same as the doors, but there is no instructions how to fit this post.

I checked out wickes's stuff and their corner cabinet comes with a thick wood post which you can screw hinges on to have the door either side . Theres also comes with a rounded piece of wood which goes in the corner to look neat.

I just dont understand what i'm meant to do with the stuff homebase sent me. They really are crap.

Reply to
benpost

My GUESS by analogy with the IKEA units which I do know about is that the glossy post replaces the vertical post that goes between where the 2 doors would be if used as a non-corner base cabinet.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Hi Ben,

You have my sympathy.

I had the same problem with the Homebase corner post. No instructions.

If they haven't changed it since I did mine then, when you've worked out how you fit the panel and fillet piece you then find out that the hinges they've supplied don't fit.

Does it have a letter with the corner post telling you to discard whatever hinges were supplied with the carcase and use the alternative hinges supplied with the corner post pack. They turn out to be exactly the same hinges.

I worked out how to fit mine but it's difficult to describe.

I'll try and do a sketch if you want and email it to you.

Frustratin innit.

Bill.

Reply to
BilP

Hi Ben

If you take look at this. This is what I had to do.

BilP

thats fantasic i can see how they work now! the wickes cabinets seem to be more straightforward though.

thanks for the diagram i'll give it a go and post back later.

Reply to
benpost