Home Security Electric Fence

The sensible solution would be for every point of entry and exit to scan their passport and take some biometrics (finger prints, photo and retinal scan) and put an end to this nonsense.

This need only apply to passport holders from a particular list of countries.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Under EU and international law, you can only claim asylum in the first "free" country that you reach having fled your own.

Hence if you are in France, you can't under any definition be a legal asylum seeker in the UK unless you are native of France and seeking to escape from there!

Reply to
John Rumm

Hmm. Then it could be done when they enter a country that has support for this procedure. That would include Italy and Greece. Then if they are refused asylum, or behave illegally (includes trying to cross a border illegally, as in getting on lorries etc in Calais) they can be sent back to wherever they were before before entering. Which would most likely be Libya.

So if they destroy their papers before getting on a boat to cross the Med, it doesn't make any difference.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Reply to
Tim Streater

or a 12 bore

Reply to
fred

2nd option:

An EU funded "Refugee Island" somewhere in the middle of the sea.

It might still be considered a better bet for some real refugees, but once word got around it should deter some of the piss taking economic migrants.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Indeed. Didn't someone suggest buying one of the Greek islands for this purpose? The proceeds of the sale would help Greece with its economic crisis - killing two birds with one stone!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Well, there you go. I was really referring to farm animals when I wrote "electric fences only work for animals . . .". The fact that non-human primates can circumvent them serves to illustrate the point.

Reply to
Roger Mills

So you believe "footwear" prevents a person from earthing out? Interesting....

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Indeed. And rather begs the question as to how they got to France. Chances are that they first landed in Greece or Italy - so that's where they should be claiming asylum.

Trouble is that once inside the Schengen area, they can go where they like with no checks. The first thing for the EU to do should be to suspend the Schengen agreement and bring back border control!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Still, I expect it will work on the chavs (being a step down from Orangutangs!)

Reply to
Tim Watts

The date and time were right, but in US format just to confuse you ;-)

(was required to workaround a bug in something I was using)

Reply to
John Rumm

I bet there are a large number of humans without the skill or wit of a primate though ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps just perhaps a concerted effort by other counties to sort out the problems in their own so they might not find the UK that attractive.

Never happen tho;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yeah, but the kind of people he's trying to keep out aren't as intelligent as these apes so it should work fine.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

We all know that's not going to happen. There are forces at work over which we have no control (and precious little awareness) that are working flat out to flood europe with non-europeans.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Oh!

Reply to
Tim Streater

Was having this conversation with a friend just the other day. We reckon St Kilda would do nicely.

Reply to
DJC

I am grateful we are an island and I say take full advantage of that fact.

Reply to
Tim Watts

, they'd ruin the place - how about Rockall?

Reply to
charles