Hmph.... plumbers

Just been over the MIL's and a plumber has just replaced the quarter turn kitchen mixer tap with an old fashioned traditional mixer because "the quarter turn ones can't be repaired"

YeeeHaaaa

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

unknown make/model, on a friday night ? he's right you know. you obviously know better so why don't you be a good SiL and pop back whan you have the parts and sort it out ;-)

RT

Reply to
[news]

Quarter turn taps can be repaired but you do need to know the make for a new cartridge ,plumbase carry then in stock normally.There is a universal one a available from Orca Star

Reply to
Alex
[news] wrote :-

on a tuesday morning, because its dripping ? If i'd have known i'd have stripped and cleaned it before writing it off

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

sorry, I thought you said "Just been over the MIL's and a plumber has just"

RT

Reply to
[news]

NP - my bad should have been - Just been over the MIL's and a plumber has recently

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

He could have a whale of a time with that....

Reply to
Andy Hall

In sparkling form tonight, andy!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Always, Mary. Always.

Welcome back.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Did you post that on porpoise?

Reply to
RichardS

Now that gets my seal of approval...

(thought it was bril!)

Reply to
John Rumm

...and then charged her twice as much as a new tap and the fitting would have cost, time has to be charged, your obviously work for free....

Why do you think the art of brake shoe re-lining (for example) went out of favour in the non commercial automotive repair trade, it's not because mechanics are unable to do the work but because it would cost the customer more than just fitting a nice new set.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Most Plumbers are nothing but sharks...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

But is it your plaice to say so?

Reply to
kenknott

But is it your plaice to say so?

Reply to
kenknott

Why, thank you kind sir.

I missed you all but we had a marvellous time!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reading the other puns following this I realised that others read 'whale' as the sea mammal.

I read it as the Whale brand name of caravan plumbing and couldn't think of anything clever which is why I played on the billiance of your star-like properties.

Well, it was very late ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, you sea, they cod be ripping us off. Especially when they tartar fishing for work.

Reply to
doozer

What the hake are you guys on about?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Disk brakes. How often do you need to change shoes in rear drums?

Reply to
Andy Dingley