Health and Softy twatt

[Snip]

Really, I was under the impression that it was started by the Japanese.

Reply to
charles

Fine if you know something about engines. I had a petrol leaf blower. It worked once. One cylinder engine - bad idea.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I'm in here every so often. I knew you were a bit....

Reply to
Uncle Peter

And I'm saying it should be. Nobody should ever decide I'm not allowed to endanger myself.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Such actions should be encouraged:-)

Reply to
ARW

Even if it's a stupid risk to take, people should be allowed to take it. That way the next generation doesn't contain people who would do that.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Electric ones are too weedy. My petrol one is gonna be 3 or 4 HP. That's some 2kW or so, twice what an electric one is. Also I don't have several hundred feet of cable, or the patience to f*ck around moving it while mowing.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What's knowing anything about engines go to do with anything?

Reply to
Tim Streater

You would have been able to make my leaf blower start.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Unless you leave your grass for 2 months between cuts, a 1kW flymo will cut it just fine. And the motor will use more than 1kW if stalling. The petrol engine will give out less as it stalls.

You don't have to move that much if you cut the lawn in a sensible order. Plug it in at the corner, and cut all the way along one side, then return towards the plug, but along a bit. The cable just drags behind you.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Uncle Peter

So, nothing then. I know something about engines but I'm unlikely to ever take one apart.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well it wouldn't start by pulling the cord and fiddling with the choke according to the instructions. You don't need to take it apart to make it start.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I was reminded why I have a petrol mower when I used a Bosch Verticutter the other day - that bloody cable is a PITA. Not to mention the 2 extension leads end to end to wrap around my garden (which is thin but goes right around my bungalow).

On a tangent I cannot believe how much crap the verticutter ripped out - moss and dead thatch. About 5m3 I reckon. Never done it before.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , charles writes

Making it and starting it are not quite the same thing, but the inference of the previous post was that some how it was our fault.

Reply to
bert

If you think that H&S in the construction industry amounts to wearing a hard hat you really are totally ignorant.

Reply to
bert

In message , Uncle Peter writes

You put petrol in close the choke fully open the accelerator pull the cord wait a few seconds open the choke Service it once a year - change the oil change or clean and regap spark pug clean the air filter Simples

Reply to
bert

In message , Uncle Peter writes

Try opening the throttle.