Health and Softy twatt

It is bad. You should never have anyone but yourself being concerned by your own safety. Your life, your risk.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I'd love to have seen the foreman marking big black Xs against everyone concerned for disobeying everything.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I wouldn't expect a Frenchman to follow a law we have and they don't.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Because everyone else is doing it.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Stop the ner ner ner ner ner shit, it makes you look like a 6 year old.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You're not one of those push mower types are you?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I must admit I fail to see the point in using a petrol mower. People seems to spend two hours getting it started, then half an hour cutting the grass.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

You're obviously a loony. I spend 10 secs starting mine, and 90 mins cutting the grass.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oi! I'm very nearly seven.

Reply to
Bod

You've obviously never been involved in the construction industry. It was their high fatal accident rate which initiated H&S in the first place because your safety wasn't in your own hands.

Reply to
bert

In message , Rod Speed writes

The war in the Pacific was entirely of their own making with no contribution from us. Maybe thought they should have sent you lot a bill for keeping the Japs away.

Reply to
bert

Peter. You will love what happenened when I left the treatment room. As my hi viz ves vest had been bagged up becuse of blood contamination the foreman decided that the ONLY safe way for me to go back to the van was with two escorts wearing hi viz jackets. One walking in front of me and one walking behind me.

I got the last laugh. The foreman had also decided that I was incapable of driving myself to hospital. So I said the apprentice would drive. The apprentice only drove me out of the warehouse and half a mile down the road before getting out the van and re-entering via the pedestrian entrance and going back to work.

Strickly speaking I should have asked an apprentice older than 16 and one with a driving license and insurance to do that.

Reply to
ARW

Change "you're" to "everyone you've seen using a petrol mower". A motor is a much simpler device, why complicate matters?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Electric ones don't stall when you hit a big bit of grass.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Adam! I never realised you were quite that naughty!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Mine does the opposite, which causes the doctors to think there's nothing wrong with me. I only proved I had high blood pressure by taking it at the surgery with my own meter, then doing so again at home. Oh plus the fact that my original GP used one of those stupid hand operated ones and was obviously incapable of using it. He read it consistently 30 less than any electronic one. My cardiologist called him a very rude name.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

If I choose not to wear a hard hat when constructing, I am only endangering myself.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Indeed. But the wearing of the hard hat on site would not be your choice.

Reply to
ARW

Never read my posts then:-)

Reply to
ARW

Mine starts first pull. I then spend 2 hours cutting the grass.

Reply to
charles