Health and Softy twatt

Oh for goodness sake you utter pussy.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Pathetic wimp!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Health and softy is now so ridiculous now that first aid is against the rules incase you do something you shouldn't.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Actually I'm crashing my head into the desk in pity for you two pathetic specimens.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I've been to France several times and never bothered. The only thing I ever got done for was using a "detecteur radar" - apparently they are interdit. Like I was supposed to know that.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I actually did cut my finger at work a few months ago. I'd just had my new Nexus 7 delivered and I was so excited I cut myself with the scissors!

I had a strip of plaster so I cut a bit off (while leaking rather a lot of blood), and applied it. Not enough pressure as it was old and the sticky stuff wasn't very. I was still leaking blood profusely.

Off to the first aid kit in the departmental kitchen. Couldn't find it. I managed to get a plaster off one of the secretaries who had a couple in the bottom of her bag - did the trick.

I later discovered that:

- the first aid kit is kept on the wall behind the door (door opens 90 degrees and there is a wall parallel to its open position, about 6 inches away, so the box just fits. But it's not really visible.

- the door is held open with a magnetic latch (released in case of fire)

- one cannot access the first aid kit without disengaging the latch

- the latch release button is not accessible from behind the door as the gap is too narrow. If you stand on a chair and reach over the top of the door you might be able to get to it. I suspect H&S bans standing on chairs.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Which the police have said they won't be enforcing. If you do decide to carry one, though, you need to carry 2, so that if you use one, you're still legal. They have to be in date, too.

Reply to
John Williamson

...and three guesses who'd be amongst the first to complain about Johnny Foreigner coming to the UK and ignoring UK law...?

Oh, wait. Us Brits aren't Johnny Foreigner, are we? No matter where in the world we are...

Reply to
Adrian

Well if it wasn't for us they would be speaking German ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

tried to buy one last time I was there, just before the law came in. Nothing. No-one had them.

The ferry companies, on the other hand, will sell you one. or about 6 quid.

Oh. It's apparently been suspended

and several other sources.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Network Rail use orange. They don't like non-railway people to wear it on the track

Reply to
bert

In message , Uncle Peter writes

Health and Safety isn't so bad - it's the compensation culture that's gone mad.

Reply to
bert

In message , bert writes

Some prisons use orange for the trusted prisoners. Apparently causes problems with some contractors who arrive with orange HiViz instead of yellow.

Reply to
Bill

Yes as drivers they say are "tuned" to see Orange and reject anything else.

You shouldn't be on the track unless you are clad in the correct attire;!.

I think you might have meant on or "about" the track?..

I've seen them use Blue in France not the most striking colour for such applications;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes, I think they get upset about non-railway people actually on the track whatever they wear, outside exceptional circurmstances :-) (I used to use a station that had a path across the tracks as a short-cut to going along the platform, over a bridge, and back the other side, but that was disallowed years ago.)

(Similarly, when wheeling a bike along the platform, rear lights should be turned off.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Then why are not Germans not speaking in English or Russian?

Reply to
ARW

We are basically speaking not insignificant amounts of old German and French...

Reply to
Tim Watts

And the rest. English has evolved from many languages, including, Indian.

Reply to
Bod

All the passengers should start wearing them for a laugh.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I don't think they like people naked on the track either.

Reply to
Uncle Peter