Health and softy gone mad!

I saw this on a bag of salt by someone's door (the stuff for stopping it being slippery in winter):
"In case of ingestion, drink plenty of water and seek immediate medical assistance."
For SALT?! I'd better get a doctor on standby every time I get chips from MacDonalds.
snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp says...

Are you sure that was regular salt or some other chemical for melting ice ? It could be calcium chloride.
Yes I'd say it was not ordinary salt, but having said that of course there are no doubt idiots out there who would use it as salt. Its a bit like these people who drink any kind of alcohol. I take it softee as it sounds here was a deliberate pun on soft water was it? Brian
--
----- --

why
On 5/16/2019 10:27 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Too much of anything can be harmful and there may be someone dumb enough to do it and sue. Thus the warning.

Then I insist that the water board put it on my tap. I could drink too much and destroy my kidneys. Come on get real. You have these things called taste buds that would stop you eating too much salt. And anyone stupid enough to eat a 25kg sack of something believing it's food deserves to die a slow and painful death.
Commander Kinsey wrote:

Prick.

Are you one of the ones that "need protecting"?
On 5/16/2019 8:05 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Idiot.

I'm not the one eating salt.
Commander Kinsey wrote:

Prick.

Have you been stupid enough to swallow some?
Commander Kinsey wrote:

You really are an outstanding dickhead.

Answer the question.
On 5/16/2019 8:31 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

There won't be anyone eating salt. The disclaimer is a case of nanny state 'cover your arse'.

Agreed. And people need to stand up to this shit. Instead, they should put on the side, "If you're stupid enough to eat this, it's your own damn fault. You've been warned."
Besides! You simply cannot become ill by eating salt!
On 5/16/2019 9:22 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Just like the health warnings on cigarettes.

Actually, too much salt ingestion can and will cause renal failure...fairly quickly.

Which are absolutely pointless. We all know they're bad for us, but we want to smoke them! Leave us alone!

Well after you feel nauseous and puke it up. Just you try swallowing several spoons of salt, you can't do it.
On 5/16/2019 11:33 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

They shift liability away from the cigarette manufacturers.

By the time you puke up, the damage may already be done. Try it and let us know how you get along.

So do nothing in reality.

I've puked up after swallowing a few mouthfuls of seawater.