Hardwood floor expansion gap vs shower tray

Any one any ideas how to seal the expansion gap between a floating bamboo (I know it's not hardwood but the prinicle is the same!) floor and shower tray. It needs to be water tight to stop water egress under the floor. I've heard cork mentioned - will that compress sufficiently? Any beading would have to be sealed to the flooring. Perhaps just a fat bead of coloured silicone?????

Reply to
p.lavers

Personally, I would use silicone, or, more likely, not seal it at all but ensure good ventilation under the tray to ensure that water does eventually evaporate. Train users to scrape excess water off before leaving the shower, rather than leaving a reservoir's worth of water on the floor.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I would use a colored acrylic mastic..frame sealant - rather than silicone, as its easier to do a neat job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi,

Try a goolge on the boat newsgroups for how planked wooden decks are sealed, the principles are the same.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C