Hard water - not filtered by water board?

Hmm, You know I've wondered this as well. It seems to be worse than ever it was in many places in London ever since that gynormous ring main made of concrete was put in. Maybe the cement is in the water now! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Anybody served by Thames Water has SEWAGE put through their taps. Recyc= led 7 times! Eurgh!

-- =

Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It=E2=80=99s your flipping plane!"

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

In my living room. HIC!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You don?t.

Doesn?t happen with domestic water supplies.

Reply to
Jack Konstan

IN soft water areas they put a bit of hardness in. Of course that's easier - they just have to tip it in with the wagon loads of aluminium acetate.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Isn't aluminium quite expensive?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Isn't aluminium poisonous?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I have a 7 metre long living room. Mr Pounder how big is your living room?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

So what?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They might try to sell it but no one is buying. I bought some kettle descaler in Lanarkshire. It was reduced to 10p a packet and was rather dusty.

Reply to
mcp

Only Londoners. Thames Water supply water to Oxford where they get it first.

Reply to
mcp

Reading comes after Oxford

Reply to
charles

Why?

You can buy iodised salt in areas with no iodine deficiency.

Reply to
Max Demian

I was only visiting and it was cheap.

Reply to
mcp

Can you explain that to me please? I would have thought in a healthy human in the UK, an iodine deficiency would result from his dietary choices, not geography.

Reply to
Graham.

Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

Reply to
Martin Brown

Like that shit Dasani where they took many gallons of potable London tapwater and turning it into expensive overpriced "bottled water" that wasn't fit to drink because of high bromates. London water couldn't believe their luck when they analysed this new designer product ROFL!

It bombed almost immediately in the UK and never recovered.

Martin Brown

You have Radon in your water and indoor air. Much worse.

Reply to
harry

Only if you add a vast excess.

Aluminium sulphate is usually used to flocculate other unwanted fines suspended in the water prior to filtering. Normally both the aluminium and other unwanted contaminants are removed by the filters.

When things go badly wrong at a water treatment plant you can have serious trouble as happened once at Camelford in 1988

Martin Brown