Grease

Well I'd just have put some gloves on and do as you suggest. The problem with cartridges of grease is the choice will be limited and it will be expensive. I remember one used to get a kind of oil in something like this in miniature for model makers who needed to get lubricant in awkward places. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

You can buy empty silicone cartridges and fill one yourself.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Put it on with a spoon or something.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I greased the rail that the gate runs on. The next day was windy. Sand and grit blew up and stuck to the grease. The gate now goes crunch crunch grind.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

williamwright snipped-for-privacy@f2s.com wrote in news:h9p66jFsf0lU2 @mid.individual.net:

Yup - Sometimes just "clean" is best.

Reply to
John

How does that work? Is the grease in an emulsion, a solvent, or is it just under sufficiently high pressure that it splatters out?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Well, I gave it a really good clean, and it then dawned on me that the little wheel that should run up and down the channel had disappeared. At some time in the last fifty years, it has fallen off or simply fallen to pieces. The axle was rubbing against the wooden frame. So, I greased the frame, and for the time being it works okay.

Reply to
GB

I think it is probably in a solvent, or perhaps the propellant is butane or propane. It comes out very splattery but seems to settle out with a fairly normal consistency, perhaps NLGI 1.

I have quite a collection of sprays and most of them get used regularly: dewatering fluid, lube oil, grease, silicone oil, "chain" grease (very sticky, don't put it on hedge trimmer blades) and label remover.

Reply to
newshound

Add to that IPA, foam cleaner, freezing spray, and flux remover!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Good point, although I don't keep these as "stock". Can you recommend a good IPA spray? I normally keep that as liquid.

Reply to
newshound