Hep needed with slide show in PowerPoint

Hi Guys Can one of you advise me on a PowerPoint slide show issue. I've created a 13 slide slide show in PowerPoint 2003 and want to have a music file running in the background throughout all 13 slides. I have a track of adequate length to cover all 13 slides but PowerPoint insists on re starting it from the beginning on every transition between slides. So far YouTube tuition videos have been of no help.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Andy Burns

Although it might sound weird, PowerPoint presentations made with software of that vintage might run better if you save them as PDFs and run in Acrobat Reader DC (or whatever).

That is a general point, not an answer to your specific issue.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I was going to say something similar.

Reply to
newshound

That is an old version of Powerpoint. Not sure whether the newer ones are better. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Suggestion for song to play in powerpoint presentations. Being Boring by Pet Shop Boys. I do have a love hate relationship with that software, but one happy thing is now I'm blind I don't have to watch them! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

still seems do-able

Andy Burns

Thanks Andy but I dont have access to that version. As in original message I'm using 2003.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Then there must be a fault in my old version of PowerPoint as that is exactly the same as I have been doing:-(

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

If you're willing to share the material (ie the .ppt and audio files) with me I'm willing to see what Powerpoint 2010 makes of them - or come to think of it 2016 which I think we have on a laptop. My reply to address works for DM.

Reply to
Robin

When I was working, once or twice a year we had "Death by Powerpoint" presentations from top management. They all seemed very uncomfortable talking to the workforce and insisted on putting every word they wanted to say on the Powerpoint slides. They then proceeded to read the slides on the screen as though they had never seen the content before in their whole lives.

Reply to
alan_m

Couldn't you just have the sound playing from another program while you show the PowerPoint file?

Reply to
Dave W

Thanks for the offer. Ive now used a workaround to do what I wanted.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

That is exactly how I have overcome the problem, thanks.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

For slide shows ... found ProShow Gold much better - you can get free demo version

Reply to
rick