Metal slide to hold criggabe boards pegs in storage hole

Hello,

Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal slides that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.

I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this feature.

To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there would be a slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the hole so the pegs will not fall out.

Looked at Rockler and couldn't find them.

Thanks

Larry C

Reply to
L C

Sorry about the spelling that would be Cribbage not Criggabe

Reply to
L C

| Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the | metal slides that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole. | | I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this | feature. | | To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there | would be a slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the | hole so the pegs will not fall out.

I think I'd look (starting at my local hardware store) for brass and stainless shim stock. In a real pinch I might pick up an inexpensive set of feeler gauges and buff off the thickness markings.

Morris Dovey

"L C" wrote: .

Time to make a trip to the local scrap metals yard in your area.

Get a small sheet of brass shim stock, say 020"-030" thick, and cut what you need.

Probably even get the yard to shear, say 1" wide blanks, which you could then cut to length and finish with a file.

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It's a woodworking project right? Use a wooden slide. Use a small dovetail bit in your router and rout a slanted groove along the edge of the cavity. Rout an reverse slant on the door and you've got an all wood cribbage board. Make it snug and lube it with some wax so it slides easily. I made the cavity in mine large enough to hold a deck of cards and the pegs.

Reply to
DerbyDad03