Glue Gun - recommendations, please

One of those tools I've put off buying, but I'm now convinced that one might be a Good Thing.

But which one?

Is the Bosch PKP18E (£20) much better than a Titan TTB580HTL at half the price? And not quite as good as an Arrow TR550 from toolstation?

I'm only expecting to use it occasionally, but I hate chucking toy tools away.

While we're about it, any recommendations on Glue Sticks, which seem to vary in price enormously?

Reply to
Kevin

I've got a little, old bostick one, takes the thin sticks rather than the fat ones, does the job, tends to dribble-on a bit after you let go the trigger, using el-cheapo sticks from Amazon.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The cheap one I had was a pain because the trigger didn't work well and the sticks had to be pushed. The Bosch has worked well for 5 years or so

Reply to
stuart noble

I've got one which I bought at Lidl a few years ago, and it works fairly well - although I've got nothing to compare it with. Can't remember how much it was, but I think it was less than £15 - complete with stand and carry-case.

The only two (minor) problems with it are:

  1. It takes a long time to heat up before the glue will run (but maybe they all do?)

  1. You can't remove a glue stick once fitted, and if you fit a new one towards the end of a job, there's too much sticking out of the back to get the gun into its case.

I've only ever used Lidl's own glue sticks - and I've got rather a lot! [I bought some more when they were on offer, forgetting that I'd already got an unopened pack!]

Reply to
Roger Mills

after the angrinder there is the glue gun. Get the Bosch with the long nozzle.

Reply to
misterroy

I've had both the Bosch and Arrow and both failed after a few years not particularly heavy use.

Reply to
Peter Parry

the failure mode I have found is leaving it switched on by accident.

Reply to
misterroy