Glue for split wood

The 2x2 inch hardwood side-rails of my library steps split in an accident some time ago. I'm wondering if there is a thin wood glue one can insert into the splits, before clamping them?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

PVA

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

diluted pva. If its just for a one off you cna get pva for kids' use for £1 a bottle or so

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Look for Veritas Chair Doctor kit It comes with a syringe to inject the extra limpid adhesive into fine crack or indeed small holes leading to the split. If you don't have small drills to hand, then cut the head off a panel pin and use that as a drill.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

+1
Reply to